Checking your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) balance is a crucial aspect of monitoring your retirement savings. Fortunately, the process has become increasingly convenient in recent years, thanks to digital advancements. We will guide you through the various methods and steps involved in checking your PF balance.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a government-mandated retirement savings scheme in India. It’s designed to ensure financial security for employees after their retirement. Checking your PF balance regularly is essential to keep track of your savings and ensure that your employer is contributing the correct amount on your behalf.
Offline Statements: In the past, EPF statements were provided in print form. You could request your employer or EPF office to provide you with a physical statement of your balance. However, this process was time-consuming and often required multiple visits.
Read More – How to Impress a girls
EPF Passbook: With the digitization of EPF records, employees can now view their balance online. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the official EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation) website.
- Log in using your Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
- Navigate to the ‘Download’ section and select ‘Download Passbook.’
- The passbook will show your current balance, contributions, withdrawals, and other relevant details.
UMANG App: The Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app is a government initiative that provides access to a variety of government services, including EPF. To check your balance using UMANG:
- Download and install the UMANG app from your smartphone’s app store.
- Register and log in using your mobile number.
- Search for ‘EPFO’ within the app and select ‘Employee Centric Services.’
- Enter your UAN and OTP to access your EPF account details, including your balance.
Read More – How to Plan a Birthday Party
Missed Call Service: EPFO also offers a missed call service to obtain your PF balance. Here’s how to use it:
- Ensure that your UAN is linked to your mobile number.
- Give a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
- You’ll receive an SMS containing your EPF balance and other relevant details.
SMS Service: EPFO provides an SMS-based service as well. Here’s how to use it:
- Ensure your UAN is linked to your mobile number.
- Send an SMS to 7738299899 with the message “EPFOHO UAN” (replace UAN with your UAN number).
- You’ll receive an SMS with your PF details, including the balance.
Read More – How to Multiple Ways to Earn Money
In the digital age, checking your PF balance has become simpler and more convenient. Utilize the online platforms provided by EPFO, such as the official website, UMANG app, missed call service, and SMS service. Regularly monitoring your PF balance empowers you to make informed financial decisions and ensures the security of your retirement savings. Remember to keep your UAN and other details secure to safeguard your account information.